Sunday, December 14, 2008

Busted!

Yes, we skipped church today. Confession is good for the soul, and I already feel much better.

It was my one day off, and we decided to celebrate my birthday today all day. I had already picked out the wine: an Italian Primitivo (Zinfandel) from Puglia called Layer Cake. We sort of expected a Zin-like experience, and we got more than we bargained for. This was a delicious wine. Very fruity, with a touch of spice, LOTS of chocolate, and just a little hint of smoke at the end when drunk with food. I originally picked it out because of the name, with the obvious birthday tie-in. Although we think lots of Italian reds are fabulous and probably better with pasta than this one, it was a delightful wine from start to finish.

I might note, it was 79 degrees today. That is wrong. Just wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment