Monday, December 1, 2008

Bread Pudding


Have I put in the Bread Pudding in here? I don't think so. I don't know where I got the recipe. My only contribution to it is halving it most of the time. When I make the full recipe, it sort of bombs.

The bread matters, so make it good. I grabbed a loaf from the freezer, and I think it was some sort of Country French or something. Crust is good, too. I also find success with a hearty 9-Grain bread. The recipe is listed in full amounts and noted for halving.

Bread Puddings with Whiskey Butter Sauce

3 large eggs (Half Version: 1 egg + 1 white)
1 1/2 c milk (HV: 3/4 c)
1 T vanilla (HV: "mostly" 1 T)
7 slices Texas Toast, cubed (HV: 7 regular slices of non-Texas bread)
6 oz melted butter (HV: 3 oz)
Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste (my addition!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream eggs and sugar together. Add milk, vanilla and spices and mix well. Add in bread cubes and mix, pressing until all is moist. Add melted butter and mix well.

Pour into a well-oiled 8x8 inch baking dish. (Half Version: I use the large muffin tin and it fills up all six cups.) Bake 45-60 minutes; mixture might rise like a souffle. When golden brown, remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.


Whiskey Sauce

Use equal parts sugar and whiskey. Heat over the stove until completely dissolved. Off heat, whisk in several tablespoons of butter until yummy. Save the rest for cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment