Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sophie Rags

My first little sewing project for Sophie was a direct order from the blond herself. She requested something pink, with flowers and four leaf clovers, and also a matching dress for Blue Eyed Baby.

Couldn't find four leaf clovers (and boy did she notice that), but I did find this cute print at Joann's and picked out a pattern, Butterick 5019.

This pattern is for freakishly wide-shouldered little girls, and sure enough, Sophie was too narrow for it. I took it back home and put some little pleats in the front and back to make it more narrow. Let's hope it works; I'll try it on her this weekend at the farm. Blue Eyed's dress fit her perfectly the first time. Something about plastic heads make it easier I guess. I'll post a picture when she tries it on.

1 comment:

Watoosa said...

It's so cute. I want to see a final photo of the little model with blue-eyed baby.
Where's the love for sore-eyed baby?

Post a Comment