Monday, March 23, 2009

For Kay

I never knew Kay was so influenced by food preparation. She and Charlie drove all the way over to our old apartment to loan us their Suburban for our move last summer. What a lifesaver! Anyhoo, I was fixing a quick snack for Shaw before he drove them back home. As it turns out, Kay was fairly impressed with my avocado presentation. I have never put it in the blog because it is so easy. And, so many do not like avocado.

This most recent picture is a different angle. It is a lengthwise half of an avocado, sliced and then reassembled slightly spaced out. Avocado is super good for you, and really tasty, another great first course. Just a squirt of lime, crunchy salt and pepper, and sometimes chopped cilantro. If you can find it, pink salt is especially nice.

Kay is supposed to come over for dinner in a few weeks. We'll be starting with avocado.

3 comments:

Kay Wegman said...

WOW i MADE THE BLOG? DID YOU SEE HOW BEAUTIFUL THAT AVACADO WAS LYING THERE! WELL CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT AGAIN! DON'T WORRY ITS THE ONLY THING IN THE WORLD CHARLIE DIDN'T LIKE MUCH BUT ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES!!!!! LUV YA. KAY
PS i SAW THE PICTURE OF YOUR SIS AND NEW HUBBY! I AM SO HAPPY FOR THEM! BOY I MISS MY LOVE!! THANKS FOR SHARING THE PHANTOM AND THE OPERA WITH US!!!

Kay Wegman said...

WOW!! I cant believe I made the blog!! Did you see how beautiful that avacado was lying there! Just beautiful. looking forward to coming over and trying it again. no worries Char never liked avacado much but it is truly one of my favorites. luv ya Kay
ps saw the pics of your sister and Will they look happy!! boy i miss my love!!!! Ben is a cutie too!! pretty family!!

Jackamo said...

You're back! I've missed you, KK! Mmmmm...avocado. I made some SWEET guacamole last week. I think avocado should play a much more active role in my life. I highly support filling an avocado half with small, cold, boiled shrimp, then covering with a nice citrus vinaigrette, sea salt, and cracked pepper. Sooooo happy in my mouth!

Post a Comment