Thursday, March 26, 2009

Best Evah Chocolate Frosting

The photograph of the cake I made with this frosting was so pig-dog ugly it would have broken the lens. I actually thought it turned out more like pancakes. In fact, pancakes might have been fluffier. The cake did taste pretty good (classic yellow cake recipe, from the internet, guaranteed to be the best: FAIL), but the frosting was rocket-my-mouth-to-the-moon fantastic.

I actually cut the cakes in half and stacked them on top of each other, making a four layer half moon cake. It allowed for more of the rockin' frosting. And Shaw hates ganache, bless his poor little heart, so he requested a yellow cake with REGULAR chocolate frosting.

Heidi requested it. Here it is. And no mixer required.

Best Evah Chocolate Frosting

1/2 c butter
4 oz bitter chocolate
1 lb 10x sugar (confectioner sugar)
1 t vanilla
3/4 c cream

Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler, or GENTLY in a microwave. In a large bowl, combine sugar, vanilla and 1/2 c of cream. Blend in chocolate. Add remaining cream until desired consistency is achieved. Let stand until spreadable.

** Note** I had some Bakers chocolate squares in my pantry. I insist on using the darkest possible chocolate, but Shaw gets scared when it goes above 65%. I mixed semi-sweet squares and bittersweet or unsweet squares and achieved a most pleasant outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment