Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Curta... Draperies

We had a rendezvous of Hall women at our house last week. The mission: making KK's curtains for two rooms. I actually remember Lara lecturing me about not calling them curtains; "You call them 'draperies' now." Ironically, Lara was actually in Dallas on Friday while we were sewing; she was passing through the airport on her way somewhere important. Having four Hall women in one place when it is not a holiday would just be... well, surreal.



I absolutely LOVE my draperies! Now I'm trying to figure out how I can make more, since I finally know how to thread and use my sewing machine. Although it was the Grannie who orchestrated the whole thing.

I'm including some far away and close up of the print for the white and yellow ones, and the red draperies just give a cool glow in the daytime. I haven't figured out how I want to hold them back yet, but they are cool enough on their own.














PS: I forgot to mention my AWESOME husband and favorite, Shaw, who hung these bad boys like a pro! With three women as spectators, no less! We are learning how to handle a house, but he is far outshining me! And I'm thankful for him.

3 comments:

Jackamo said...

Ooo! I like your sassy, retro print!

Watoosa said...

Oi, dang, I love that yellow and white print. I need some DRAPERIES like that in my bedroom. We have garbage curtains in there right now. Who wants to make them for me?
I need to buy and learn to use a sewing machine. One day when the boy is a tad older...
Your red room is a very bordello chic.

Karen and Sean said...

Watoosa, now that I know how, I'LL make your curtains for you. That print is discontinued, but the source has it in orange and white, and green and white, and white on brown, I think.

Post a Comment