Thursday, September 25, 2008

Zinful

Yesterday we had burgers for Indoor Date Night since KK was not working. So, of course with a free night, we often think of wine. My fall schedule seriously curbs my wine intake, but any night I'm not working, my thoughts lean towards what wine I'll have with what food.

Burgers mean different beverages to different people. Some people love them with a super fizzy Coke, or Coke-like product; others always grab a beer. Me, I find nothing better with burgers than a good zinfandel. Lots of peppery spice and ripe fruit! We found a sale at World Market on Bogle Old Vine Zinfandel for about $8. That was a great wine for what we needed. Weekday wines should not blow the old budget, and not be too wimpy that we have to think really hard what they are trying to do with themselves. This Bogle O.V.Z. was not the pepperiest wine, but for $8, I'd do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment