Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thin Crust Pizza

Several of you know, first hand, our favorite local pizza source. Zuroma is the only place we order from for witnesses (guests), since it is pretty dependable. And they have this signature thin crust that is cracker-like so you can eat more of it and not get full.

Wait, that is a lie. Every time we order from them we get a large and pretty much split it between the two of us. I regret it afterwards everytime, but never while I'm eating it. They have several signature pizzas, and we've tried several of them, but our regular request is the veggie. It just tastes the best to us. Lots of olives! But it is the unique crust that keeps us coming back. We request our pizza raw so we can freeze it and bake it later right on the oven rack.

I've tried to replicate the crust many times, and searched the internet for recipes to try to get that thin style that does NOT taste like Pizza Inn. I finally put "cracker" in my search and got this pizza crust recipe.

I needed it fast and didn't wait the 24 hour rise required, but I've got to tell you: It was the yummiest pizza I have ever made. Now, you have to like the cracker thin style to agree with me. (Dad, I know your heart belongs to thick crust.) I'll do it again and start the night before letting it rise in the fridge like they ask. Several times during the process I thought it would bomb, but it rolled out very easy and very thin, and baked up like a champ.

Friday nights were made for pizza. And your loved ones deserve the best: a homemade pizza. (Except for Chris and Beth, who have amazing pizza delivery options.)

No comments:

Post a Comment