Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's.... ALIVE!!!



We snuck onto our own property last night just before dark to check out the progress of the house. The pictures might be a bit grainy since it was getting pretty dark. The front view is our new gorgeous dark chocolate trim and empty walls-- the brick is late. I'm actually about to drive over there and see if we have a pile of bricks to play with. I know we have sand, but they can't put that up WITHOUT THE BRICKS!!! Delays irritate me, but I'm trying. This whole process is really good for my immediacy neediness.
The inside is rolling along, as our builder said they wouldn't wait around. They sheetrocked the entire thing since Saturday, so it took about 3 days. The rest of the pictures are of the insides.

And in the quiet of the evening, with no workers around, and an empty house, out back is our trusty bull, watching over us all. No joke, that bull was back! I think I will have to give it an affectionate name if this becomes a habit.

The living room, as seen from the stairs:


The entry way, from the stairs in the opposite direction: (and if you'll look closely, someone has emblazoned a Lays potato chip bag at about eye level on the wall.)


Master bedroom, looking towards the back of the house:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, it's so exciting! Your living room is huge (just like I imagined). Will you have gas logs in there for the 1 day out of the year when it's cold enough for them?
I think you should name the bull Horace. Just my opinion.

Post a Comment