Monday, July 20, 2009

France, and Stuff, pt. un

We just got back from our trip to southern France last weekend. I have to say, the trip can be summed up in the following words:

yummy
gorgeous
quaint
hot


We stumbled upon some wineries in Corbieres and purchased some wine we can't get at home. (However, thank you TEXAS @#%^$##$@ for not letting us ship anything tasty to our door step!^$%^%%&#$^*^%(#%^$) I'm thinking of adding another S to the end of our state. However, when we stopped in wineries in France, you tasted everything you wanted to, free. I'm just used to California wineries, where they want a buck anywhere they can get it.

We tasted and purchased Blanquette from Limoux. This sparkling wine originates there and claims to rival Champagne. It does; and cheaper. We tasted and purchased some others in the area, as well, and found them so enjoyable. I did pass up a Rose in Corbieres that will haunt me for at least a few months; if you ever see a Rose from Trillol, you are hallucinating, as they do not sell it in the States. But if you do, buy it for me!


We ate in a variety of towns, too. Dad, turns out, can be very adventurous in his selections. That was great for me, since I didn't want to actually order a whole main course of weird stuff but could sucker him for a bite.


As for me, my eating goal was to consume as much fresh, hot white bread as possible no matter the consequences. And coffee. I drink coffee on vacation. The bakery was about 7 minutes round trip from the house, with morning and afternoon hours of hot, lucious, caloric, crusty bread and pastries. Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment