Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Shaw's Birthday Dinner

Grapefruit Gimlets

Hummus with Baby Carrots

Champagne

Tomato and Shell Peas with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Mini Farfalle, Artichokes and Lemon

Arugula, Grapefruit and Avocado Salad

Dessert: NONE!

We just got back from that cruise and used up our dessert allotment for about 32.8 years each. Shaw asked for no dessert at all. So either he is testing me, and really wanted a dessert and I should have instinctively known that and made his favorite cake, or he truly wants no dessert. I'll find out by tonight. I think I have some leftover icecream in the freezer if I need a cover.

It is 100 degrees here today, and most of this dinner uses no heat. Yeah! And also no animal products, so vegetarian is our theme this week. Wait, I might use some cheese on the pasta, but cheese is essential for physical and mental well-being.

I'll post recipes of those that work well. Hummus is already on the blog somewhere, and we eat it all summer. Tomatoes are at their PRIME right now, in taste as well as price (ouch!), and must be consumed as often as possible. I'll be eating them for lunch as well, stuffed in pita with some Greek cheese called Kefir, which is more like sour cream, and probably some of the leftover beans from tonight. We'll see.

I'm so jet-lagged I just realized I haven't even showered today. I really should splurge, as it is Shaw's birthday and all...



2 comments:

Jackamo said...

So, how was the dinner? I'm curious! Happy Birthday, Shaw!!!

Watoosa said...

Give me enough champagne and gimlets and I won't need any dessert. It sounds so light and refreshing! Happy Bday, Shaw!

Post a Comment