Saturday, August 23, 2008

House Pictures, Part 2

Our sofa came in two pieces and we picked it up in a borrowed Suburban. Now that is a large vehicle. Too big for KK, but perfect for a move. We couldn't have done it without the 'Burb. The sofa was the last piece to arrive and we assembled it ourselves. I took this picture from an angle so that the sofa appears larger than actual size so as to intimidate predators, and to avoid showing how lonely it looks with no other furniture to keep it company. It is very comfortable, and perfect for gazing out the big windows and watching the squirrels fight for territory.


Our bedroom is the darkest room I have ever slept in. Except for a cave. This is taken with a flash so as to show some of the actual color. The walls are a grey/green/sage like color and the ceiling and window box are a deeper green. It all makes sense when you see the curtains up close, so you'll have to take my word for it. Our bed takes up most of the picture; I'll work on another angle to capture the room better, but it also lacks lamps and such to show itself off. Mom and I made the duvet cover which I love. I've got to invent something to cover up the box springs. And this bed covers two different zip codes; it is so large! I'm not sure if I like it since it feels like I'm in my own federation on my side, but it is comfy and I shouldn't complain. Shaw, the non-snorer of the two of us, loves it.



This room is really hard to see in pictures. Our little tiny powder room is painted "Bardast", the darkest grey blue on the paint strip. I know, it looks black, but wait till you see it live. Mom and I put two packets of granite crystals in the paint for just a touch of sparkle. It is really subtle, but showing a bit more now that the paint is drying and curing. I love the super dark blue against the white porcelain. That outlet is poorly placed, though, now that I see it. The ceiling is painted in this one too, and I thought about putting subtle constellations on it just for amusement. I've reconsidered. I've also told Sophie that this can be her bathroom, so perhaps I should consult her first anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment